Roof Gives Way Dumping Working into Vat of Acid Reports Litigation Funding Corporation of Michigan
Southfield, MI (Law Firm Newswire) July 20, 2012 - No one knows how this accident happened. An accident investigation will tell the story.
“This was one of those accidents that mirror your worst nightmares; falling into a vat of acid. It happened to a New Jersey man while he was at work during what was a relatively normal day, until he fell through the roof, directly into a vat of nitric acid, also called aqua fortis. This is a highly corrosive agent and used in rocket fuel. Not something you would ever want to happen to you,” outlined Darren Monroe of Litigation Funding Corporation, Michigan.
No one is sure quite what happened, but it was clear from eyewitness reports that the man fell through the roof of the company he worked for, a metal tube maker, and landed in the vat. The man’s four co-workers reacted instantly. One jumped into the acid to pull him out, and the other three worked on getting both of them out. “They all realized that if you don’t stick together, someone will die, and with family to feed, you react quickly,” indicated Monroe.
First responders arrived at the scene quickly, and transported the man to the hospital, where he was listed as being in critical condition and suffering from serious acid burns, a punctured lung and broken rib. Police arrived shortly thereafter and the Department of Health will launch an onsite review to find out what went wrong. “There are lots of unanswered questions,” Monroe pointed out.
“Not the least of which is why the men were on the roof, how did the one fall through, were they supposed to be up there, and if so doing what? In any event, the injured man will likely want to speak to a personal injury attorney and find out if he is able to sue his employer and what other options may be open to him to recover compensation for his injuries.
If the man is able to sue his employer, he will need some form of financial assistance to pay his medical and other bills, to help him get to settlement or trial. Litigation funding may be a good fit for this individual, to assist him in getting back on his feet financially, while waiting for his case to be resolved. This is a process that sometimes takes either months or years. The man, and his family, needs to pay bills and deal with his care during that timeframe, and one way to do that is to apply for pre-settlement funding.
“Litigation funding is just a click or call away, and if there are questions relating to workers’ compensation, they are able to answer some of them for you. However, you are best advised to hire a lawyer for your case, prior to calling or contacting a litigation funding company, as one of their requirements is that the plaintiff must be working with an attorney,” Monroe added.
Litigation Funding Corporation
29777 Telegraph Road, Suite 1310
Southfield, MI 48034
- Alleged Negligence Leads to Death of Patient at Drug Treatment Facility
A Pennsylvania woman filed suit against a drug treatment facility and its personnel alleging negligence in the treatment of her drug addicted 43-year-old husband. On admission to the drug addiction center, the patient was given a cocktail of 17 drugs to assist in the withdrawal process, including: Subutex, Phenobarbital, Vistaril, Librium, Tylenol, Serax, Folic Acide, […]
- Care Facility Reaches $1 Million Settlement in Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Negligence lawsuits against nursing homes often take years for the case to wind its way through the courts, as seen in the following case. A California continuing care retirement community has agreed to a $1 million settlement in a 2013 wrongful death and elder abuse lawsuit. According to the suit, staff at the facility noticed […]
- Usher Blames Theatre for Slip and Fall
A woman was volunteering as an usher at a Houston theatre when she fell from the stairs area, suffering serious injuries. She has filed a lawsuit against the theatre group managers, alleging negligence for failing to maintain the premises in a reasonably safe condition, failing to warn employees, volunteers, and theatre-goers of the dangerous condition, […]