Marielle Hazen Receives Lawyer of the Year Award
Harrisburg, PA (Law Firm Newswire) March 16, 2017 - Marielle F. Hazen has been named a Lawyer of the Year for 2017 by Best Lawyers Pennsylvania magazine.
Each year, Best Lawyers Pennsylvania highlights one attorney in a particular practice area and location to be named Lawyer of the Year. The award is significant because it is based on peer review, so the person named Lawyer of the Year must receive the highest votes from other attorneys in the area.
“I am honored to be recognized by my peers in this way,” said Hazen. “I consider it a great privilege to be able to bring my clients peace of mind by helping them put the best possible planning in place.”
Hazen was recognized for her exemplary work in estate planning and elder law. As the founder of Hazen Law Group, she leads the firm in its commitment to serving the legal needs and protecting the rights of older adults, people with disabilities and their families. In addition to providing her clients with the highest quality legal services, Hazen maintains leadership roles in the Elder Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Association of Elder Law Attorneys. She is also a member of the Dauphin County Elder Abuse Task Force, and engages in public policy advocacy relevant to her clients’ needs.
In addition to being named a Lawyer of the Year, Hazen received the Outstanding Achievement award from the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) in 2009, and the National Elder Law Foundation has recognized her as a Certified Elder Law Attorney. She also received the Powley Elder Law Award from the NAELA in 2014, and received an award for Excellence in Elder Law from the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Elder Law Section in 2010.
Hazen Law Group
2000 Linglestown Road
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Phone: (717) 540-4332
Hazen Law Group Blog
- What does the Special Needs Trust Fairness Act do for Pennsylvania families?
- Members of the military can designate special needs trusts as beneficiaries of Survivor Benefit Plans
- The Medicaid ineligibility trap
- The costs associated with long-term care
- Guardianship laws in Pennsylvania
- Top Ten Reasons to Get Your Estate Plan in Order
- Advance Directives – Your Right To Decide
- Consumer Protection Resources
- The Importance of Durable Powers of Attorney
- Medicare Hospice Benefits