» Rehabilitation Centre

Chicago, IL (Law Firm Newswire) December 2, 2013 – A nursing home resident died after he caught fire while smoking a cigarette. Michael Lewis, a resident of Lake Shore HealthCare and Rehabilitation Centre, was smoking a cigarette on the patio when the lighter in his shirt pocket caught fire. His family said that the nursing home staff did not handle the situation properly. Footage from a security camera shows that Lewis pushed his wheelchair inside, where staff members sprayed Lewis with a fire extinguisher and then rolled him back outside, where he sat unattended for more than five minutes. “It […]


Continue reading full article »